Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Teacher/Parents Conference

Twice a year, we have to have a teacher and parent’s conference and today was my schedule to meet the parent. Some parents may feel uncomfortable going inside their child’s classroom listening to their children’s behavior and work class. But they didn’t know that teacher also may feel uncomfortable talking to the parents may be uncertain about how to handle unhappy or critical parents. Mostly parents want to know how their kids doing inside the class if they are happy, listening or not.

First, I greeted the parents with a smile, sat down and started talking about their child for atleast 30 minutes. I was happy when the parents told me that they were satisfied about my philosophy of teaching my class. I found out that the parents and I were in the same page regarding their children way of learning. Before the conference ended, I asked every parent if there is some other way that I could help their kids. I felt relief when the last parents left my classroom and I am so proud of myself that it went very well. Now, I am preparing for the next conference this coming June

2 comments:

ANGELROCHE said...

ka very good ya oi. di ko ka imagine nimo na teacher na gamatitoy. eheheh! pagamay gamay lang pero kamao!

lyn said...

ako pud ya dili ka imagine unsaon man mao man ang trabaho gipili ehheheh