Thursday, June 5, 2008

Taking Shower With AJ

AJ loves to take a bath in the sink and he enjoys playing with his toys in it then he discovered that he could splash the water with his hands. He would do it every bath time now that the counter and floor get soaking wet. I decided to take him in the shower with me to see if likes it or not and last night was his first time. He really loves it more than the bath and he wasn’t scared at all. The running water didn’t bother him even when he gets water on his eyes. He watched the running water down on his hand with a big smile on his face. He sat at the back of the tub with toys and I rinsed myself then sat down with him. I used a cup to rinse him off and we played for a couple of minutes. Taking a shower with your baby is a magnificent moment and it’s a great way for bonding. Before when I have to take my shower and nobody would watch him I put his rocking chair in the bathroom floor and talk or sing to him. The sound of the running water would make him happy and stay still on his chair that I could take a good shower. Now I could get a shower without having someone to watch him

Knowing that AJ is not afraid of the water is a good sign because in 2 weeks he has a swimming lesson at the YMCA and Joe will take him. I want my AJ to learn early and develop his comfort in the water. We are excited for him and I am sure he will love the swimming pool.

1 comment:

sugardoll said...

what a cute story!

Dungan man jud mi ligo sa akong anak permi, sukad na na-aware sya sa surroundings sus d jud mabyaan, pataka lang og pamunit, unya i hungit sa baba. Hehehe. Moingon man dayon na akong anak "bubos" (bubbles) hehehe.